Ahhh…today is the last day of school.
We had our big ceremony for the kids last night and I rolled in the door at 11:30.
The kids were terrific and lots of fun was had but an early staff meeting this morning has left me pretty much exhausted and to be honest-more than a bit cranky.
This (ironically) is the first day that the babes hasn’t been put out by my leaving her at the sitter and even though she didn’t cry-I certainly did.
However, now my thoughts are going to seriously turn to happy summer activities. Being my usual Type A self I even made a list.
So far I want to:
1) have a big movie night outside for everyone in the neighbourhood and ignore the build
2) go strawberry picking (luckily the season is late this year)
3) hang-out with friends and not have to worry about what isn’t done
4) have my mom to my place for the babes to spend time with her in a safe environment
5) tie dye shirts with my God kids again
6) go to the library a lot
7) go camping
8) have tea parties outside with my wee one
9) go for long walks
Happy summer to you!And oh golly, what a cutie pie kiddo you've got there. I can't wait to see photos of that wee one picking berries. Aloha ;D
Those sound like awesome plans. =)
The Mrs said:
It's DONE!You made it – what a great summer list that is.Mind: survive.Next summer, I'll go berry picking.
The Vanilla Bean Baker said:
Your daughter is beautiful and so is that green dress!Take a deep breath and getting ready to exhale on a wonderful summer!
Awww…that little babe is fantastically adorable! Have a great summer!Snapper