2.) Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe. (inspired by LouLou’s Views)
I love this prompt. I can’t really be surprised since I adore LouLou. I actually sort of know LouLou, you see she lives in Ottawa too. Ottawa is one of those big cities that still doesn’t realize that it’s a big city. As a result if you love here long enough you will somehow end up knowing someone who knows that person. My friend Sophie has known LouLou for yonks. Long version of a short story.
I haven’t written from a prompt for the past two weeks but this has been fun.
Five things you don’t know about me:
1) I never watch sad movies, in fact if there isn’t a lot of off-colour jokes and/or blowing stuff up I usually don’t watch them at all.
2) I cannot stomache canned tuna. It smells like cat food to me. I’m still trying but haven’t been successful yet.
3) I never thought I would be a parent. I was told it wasn’t going to happen and I don’t like to pine for what never can be.
4) I remember odd things (like anything about pop culture) but am incapable of remembering a telephone number.
5) I think Harvey Keitel falls into the oddly appealing category.
Five things you’re knowledgeable about:
1) I REALLY like football. I yell at the screen, I jump up and down. I really like football.
2) I can always fix a recipe. I just sort of visualize it and it works.
3) I can always find the right colours for a room. My choices might look odd at first (check out that pink wall in the dining room) but when everything is done the colour just ‘goes’.
4) I read almost every piece of young adult fiction out there so that I can match my students to a book they not only like but love.
5) I really know shoes.
Five things you know nothing about:
1) Spatial concepts, I cannot think spatially. I have difficulty getting through a doorway without hitting both sides, I think it is magical when people navigate space easily.
2) Being a parent. If there were a manual I’d be reading it. As it is I read everything else and cross my fingers.
3) Of the Chinese language (Mandarin, Cantonese…) and even though my students have tried to help me through the years I still have trouble getting my mouth around even the most simple of phrases.
4) Racism. I just don’t get it.
5) How to just let it go. I’m trying but still not there yet. Some things are still getting free rent in my head.
Five things you believe: