I’m joining up with Karah (thespacebetween) and her gang to do a little goal setting for the blog here.
1) Should I make the jump to wordpress? I’ve got my domain there and am starting to figure it out but I’m not quite ready yet. I’d love to hear the pros and cons from you if you have a minute.
2) Be better at replying to each of you who read. I LOVE your comments and I love reading them. I often miss replying to you as the avalanche of other stuff dumps on me. I’ll work harder.
3) Streamline my reading. I’ve started doing this by creating a bloggy love board on Pinterest and now I visit as many of you as possible as often as possible. There’s such great ideas out there but I need to be careful or I’ll miss out on other things that need to be done and most of all those precious moments with my kiddo.
4) I’d love to attract more readers. This networking of folks is so rewarding but I’m not sure how else to do it but…
5) I don’t want to be competitive. This space needs to be fun for me and for you. I’m type A by nature and can easily get so wrapped up in the other ‘stuff’ that I won’t enjoy you.
6) Continue to work on my photography. I’m slowly (very slowly) getting there but there’s a long way to go. I didn’t realize how much fun this part of my blog would be but it’s amazing.
What do you want your blog to be?
What do you think this space should be?
Why is an Orange? said:
I like your ideas, and the blog makeover looks really nice! I would like to write more and complain less on my blog. 🙂
You are so funny! Venting is always a great idea C:
micki @ ADD housewife said:
i like the idea of a bloggy love board! brilliant!
Tracey @ The Kitchen is My Playground said:
I'm working on the photography part, too! It's hard!!!! That's my goal … to improve my photos. I've worked on lighting the last 2 months, and am now moving on to composition. That elusive composition … 🙂
Linda @ it all started with paint said:
Jane,I think I need to adopt each and every one of your goals …I feel the same way on each point.Thank you so much for sharing your blog hope and dreams here with us … and for linking up to our party!:)Linda
I have had a total treat checking out everyone else' goals. Great party idea.
Eclectically Vintage said:
I am moving to wordpress on March 8 and have no idea what I'm doing but figured now's as good a time as any! Just jumping in and figuring it out as I go – sort of how I started blogging 5 short months ago.All your goals are spot on with how I feel – especially the photography. I'm still an auto mode girl!So glad you linked to our party. New linky follower.Kelly
Ann from On Sutton Place said:
Great goals. The visiting blogs part is a hard one. I am not very good at keeping up. It's a matter of time usually. I think most bloggers understand that you do the best you can. That's all anyone expects! Happy Saturday Jane…I'll try to make your party on Saturday too.
Thank you so much for joining the party and for sharing your heart! I love your authenticity and your writing has such a "voice." I am on WordPress and I really like it! I agree 100% with the have fun part. We should all enjoy the journey!Have a blessed and wonderful day.blessings,karianne
Life In The Thrifty Lane said:
Great goals Jane!! Sometimes I get to overwhelmed with everything and take forever to reply to comments, so I know how you feel!
Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said:
these are great goals! and i think replying to people is important because it helps you stay connected to your readers… i usually save evenings after i put the kids to bed for replying. it works for me!
What a terrific idea, Cassie. Thanks for visiting.
Deelicious Sweets said:
I think your blog is looking mighty fine! I wonder sometimes about switching to WordPress. What are the advantages over Blogger? I'll have to look in to that.
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said:
Jane – You have such wonderful goals. Thank you so much for sharing them. I love the streamlining process, that is something I need to do…just be more efficient in general… and take better pictures. :)Thanks so much for linking up to our shindig and for the shout out! Sorry it has taken so long to come by.Karah @ thespacebetweenblog
Heidi @ Decor & More said:
Hi Jane, loved reading your goals! I made the leap to WP back in the fall and I l-o-v-e it. If you've already got your domain name, I say hop on over! There's a learning curve, but you'll love it once you get rocking! And yes, keep the fun in blogging.Blessings!Heidi 🙂